Author Topic: Soundproofing needed for nosey neighbors below  (Read 4117 times)

Darleen Sidney

  • Guest
Soundproofing needed for nosey neighbors below
« on: August 30, 2003, 08:07:59 PM »
Please help.

I live in a 3rd floor condo and can hear my neighbors below talking, opening drawers, etc.  I would like to soundproof my bedroom.  This is the only place in the house that the noise really bothers me.  Late at night these sounds wake me up and I'm gettting tired of it.  I don't want to move.  What can I do????  I would need someone to do this work as well.  Any suggestions????  I live in the northeast (NJ)   DESPERATE.


  • Guest
Re: Soundproofing needed for nosey neighbors below
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 05:43:28 PM »

There is a material called SSP floormat. It is a mass loaded vinyl (MLV) with a foam backing. This would go down with the foam facing down onto your bedroom floor. You would over lap the seams and caulk between the over lap with an acoustical caulk (you'll need to get that from use here @ This MLV will roll out wall to wall, then I would suggest that you carpet and pad wall to wall over the MLV. I also suggest that you use a carpet pad called re-bond, it looks like a collage of different colored foams. It is a more economical padding, and it actually has great soundproofing characteristics. I hope this information gives you hope that there is a solution to your delema. Thanks for the post Doreen.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
Orders only (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!