Author Topic: Plumbing noises  (Read 3137 times)

Beth

Plumbing noises
« on: February 04, 2001, 10:42:35 PM »
Our master bath shares a wall with our son's bedroom.  The plumbing pipes are all located in the common wall,and the sound (both from turning the water on and off and just the regular water flow) is too loud for my son to sleep in the room if my husband or I are using the bathroom.
We are planning to remodel the bathroom in the near future. I see from this site that there are several solutions to deal with the noise that could be put in place during the remodeling.  My question is -- is it realistic to think we can deaden the noise enough to let us use the bathroom while my son is sleeping or will the noise always be a somewhat of a problem?
Thank you!  

bjnash

Re: Plumbing noises
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 01:46:33 AM »
: Our master bath shares a wall with our son's bedroom.  The plumbing pipes are all located in the common wall,and the sound (both from turning the water on and off and just the regular water flow) is too loud for my son to sleep in the room if my husband or I are using the bathroom.
: We are planning to remodel the bathroom in the near future. I see from this site that there are several solutions to deal with the noise that could be put in place during the remodeling.  My question is -- is it realistic to think we can deaden the noise enough to let us use the bathroom while my son is sleeping or will the noise always be a somewhat of a problem?
: Thank you!  
Aboslutely!  Some ingredients would be "Wonderboard", "Homosote" Our soundproofing foam to wrap the pipes and glue to the inside walls.
See the link below for more options.