Author Topic: impact noise from 3rd floor apt  (Read 3857 times)

Angela Russell

impact noise from 3rd floor apt
« on: September 26, 2003, 08:45:49 PM »
I moved into my first apartment about 4 months ago and thought the weak flooring wouldn't be a problem.  The building is a 3 flat and I am on the 2nd floor.  In my bedroom expecially, I hear my neighbor walking.  The squeaking is not as unberable as the grinding noise the floor makes.  I've already talked with the landlady who lives in the building - her response was there's nothing she can do.  She actually had a chance to hear the noises herself but has made no suggestions.   I know that she is not willing to put in new flooring for some new tenant, so what can I do to absorb some of the sound.  Is there some kind of padding I can buy and stick to the ceiling.  Nothing elaborate, but just to lessen the noise so I can sleep at night without much distrubance.

Nick

Re: impact noise from 3rd floor apt
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 04:58:49 AM »
I have exactly the same problem, Angela.  If you get any suggestions or try anything, please post them here.

Vince Schommer

Re: impact noise from 3rd floor apt
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 03:38:54 AM »
Hi,

Yep, I'm in a similar situation, except that I am on the top floor and would like to reduce the sound from my neighbor below (as well as reducing the noise that I transmit through the floor into their apartment).

--Vince

anything