Author Topic: LOOKING FOR A CONTRACTOR  (Read 3210 times)

Eva

LOOKING FOR A CONTRACTOR
« on: September 28, 2003, 03:38:55 AM »
Just curious...
Does anyone know of any contractors in the Chicago area who specialize in soundproofing houses/condos and do a good job? It would be so helpful to have some sort of listing like that on the website for every state.

Eva  :)

Boborther

Re: LOOKING FOR A CONTRACTOR
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 11:19:47 PM »
Eva,

That is a great suggestion and believe it or not we are working on just such a list based on our database of national soundproofing contractors. (trust me however, the list is NOT extensive).
I am afraid I do not have a contractor in the Chicago area at this time, but Eva, any competent drywall contractor or general contractor can do this work, no problem. Just find a contractor that  you know and trust, and most importantly, find a contractor who does exactly what "Eva" tells  him to do. Never assume that any contractor (even Bob Villa, or Norm Abrams) knows anything about soundproofing. By simply reading this forum, you have more knowledge about soundproofing than  99% of the general contractors out there. Acoustical contractors are very few and far between, I know this from experience.
Eva, thank you for your post, and maybe a good Chi town contractor will read this and send you an e-mail, ya never know.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Orders only (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!