Author Topic: High pitch barking dog down the hall  (Read 3611 times)

Susie

High pitch barking dog down the hall
« on: October 05, 2003, 06:18:36 PM »
Is there a ear plug for me to wear while sleeping that will make sure I can't hear this high pitch bark that comes from this dog, that will happen, some times in the morn, from a few apt., from me.

I live in a apartment building, and for 7 years, I wear these green ear plugs, that I get for free from my mom from her work, at her factory, and those ear plugs worked great, until seven years later, this person had to ruin it, by buying a night mare dog, and this dog's high pitch bark goes down the hall and into my apartment and goes through my green ear plugs, and awakes me, and then I am tired the whole day.

I have thought of getting my ear drums taken out, as this is one of my options, but I will try other options first, for I really don't want to be deaf, so I can get my sleep.

Your thoughts please?

Susie

Boborther

Re: High pitch barking dog down the hall
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 11:10:44 PM »
Susie,

The ear plugs are only partially effective because they do not cover the mastoid bone which is behind your ear. This sensitive bone aids in sound vibration processing, but will actually continue to transmit even when you are asleep if it is not covered buy a pair of soundproofing headsets. The headsets will work wonderfully, but only if you sleep on your back. If you sleep on your side, they could be quite uncomfortable.
Now I have another suggestion, and that is to soundproof the door to your apartment that leads into the hallway. The dogs barking is traveling through the hallway which is giving the high pitched barking sound an easy path that echoes right down the hall and through your door. If there are no absorbent materials in the hallway, (rugs, carpets etc.) you will get a canyon effect, and the sounds of the barking dog will appear to be louder.
If you soundproof your door, you will stop the majority of the noise from entering your apartment and thus disturbing your sleep.
This might be the answer to your dilemma, and is very easy and inexpensive to do.
Susie, the first thing you need to find out is if your door is a solid core door (solid all the way through). If it is, we can help you to to block and absorb the dog barking noise and keep it from entering your apartment.
Please give me a call and I will help you to select the proper materials to soundproof your hallway door.
Thank you for your posting, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bob Orther
(The Bob Villa of Soundproofing)
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Orders only (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!

anything