Author Topic: Waterpump noise/vibration beneath apartment.  (Read 4411 times)

Richard D'Amico

Waterpump noise/vibration beneath apartment.
« on: February 05, 2001, 10:18:49 PM »
I live in an rental apartment on the 1st floor.  The waterpump servicing the entire builing (approx. 60 apartments)is located in the basement directly below. When the pump is running it creates hummimg noise and  a dull vibration throughout my apartment.  Should I consider sound-proofing my floor or would better results come from soundproofing the ceiling in the basement(if the landlord would even allow this).

bjnash

Re: Waterpump noise/vibration beneath apartment.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 01:49:12 AM »
: I live in an rental apartment on the 1st floor.  The waterpump servicing the entire builing (approx. 60 apartments)is located in the basement directly below. When the pump is running it creates hummimg noise and  a dull vibration throughout my apartment.  Should I consider sound-proofing my floor or would better results come from soundproofing the ceiling in the basement(if the landlord would even allow this).
A: The best results always comes from dealing with the source of the noise at the source.  The landlord should be happy to increase the value of his property in this manner as I suspect you are not the only one with this problem!