Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Neighbor Noise  (Read 7042 times)

Susie Russo

Neighbor Noise
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »

I am trying to block neighbor noise (TV, radio, talking) in my bedroom as houses are very close together and when they keep their windows open it disturbs my sleep. Was thinking of going with the interior windows from soundproofwindows.com, however, I don't like the fact that my verticals would have to be placed inbetween my outside window and the interior window meaning I have to open the interior window every day to open/close the blinds. My windows are rather large 6' wide by 5' high.  Don't know if anyone would recommend any other options in my situation? I live in FL and have not been able to find anyone who carries soundproof windows as replacement windows.

Erika

Re: Neighbor Noise
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 10:12:54 AM »

Hi,
I am in Florida also.  Did you find a solution?  We have 3 sliding glass doors, and 3 windows on the back of our house.  Of course, this side of the house faces the person who likes to sit in the driveway and blast music.  I am thinking of the soundproofing windows, but like you, need the blinds to keep the sun out.

Erika

joel

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:19:58 PM »

My son and his family recently moved to a home next to a freeway with a very busy street (traffic and kids playing ball, hanging out till late at night) right on the other side of his building.  His 2 year old daughter's bedroom is on the second floor facing the busy street and she was unable to sleep.  He made some insert curtains of 1/8"MLV with 1/4"Closed cell foam to put into the window opening - foam side toward the glass.  It worked great!  His daughter is able to sleep at night now.  You might consider doubling up the layers as well.  For info see the third type sold at http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/flooring.htm

Joel  

Bella

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »

I know this is an older post but Joel, please do share details as I think I might like to try this in our girls' bedroom.  Just how does one go about fabricating these curtains?

Thanks,
Bella