Author Topic: Soundproof a low basement ceiling  (Read 4454 times)

Todd

Soundproof a low basement ceiling
« on: February 06, 2001, 10:04:41 PM »
Hello,
I'm trying to sound proof a low ceiling for a basement.  I can hear the renters walk on the hardwoods upstairs.  I would like to know what to put in between the 8 inch joices before I put up the drywall.  I heard foam and drywall is all I need??

bjnash

Re: Soundproof a low basement ceiling
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 01:53:09 AM »
: Hello,
: I'm trying to sound proof a low ceiling for a basement.  I can hear the renters walk on the hardwoods upstairs.  I would like to know what to put in between the 8 inch joices before I put up the drywall.  I heard foam and drywall is all I need??
A: It will be a problem to soundproof against a wood floor above.  You'll need to do the max to get results.  

Ryan

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 10:17:42 PM »
I am currently living in the basement of a house and when the residents above me walk around thier floors squeek... i would also like to eliminate noise from voices and dogs... is there any way i can do these things, at least minimize the sound without having to take the carpet out upstairs or remove the drywall?

davey

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 07:43:53 PM »
Hi,
Have you thought about moving or finding another basement dwelling, you troll? Another and much cheaper solutuion could be earplugs and or drinking a gallon of nyquil immediately when you start to hear any noises (ei. voices, sqeaks and/or domicile pets). Let me know if this remedies your problem.
xox,
davey