Author Topic: Snooring Neighbor  (Read 3384 times)

Valerie Orosz

Snooring Neighbor
« on: October 27, 2003, 02:48:52 PM »
Hi-I need some help. I live in a duplex and am a person who requires lots of sleep, in a very quiet room, since I have oversensative ears. My neighbor has a huge snooring problem. He sounds like a chainsaw and at night, I have put in ear plugs and pillows over my head trying to get some quiet but nothing works. My landlord said there is nothing he can do. Is there anything I can do so that I can get some sleep at night? I'm in college and dont have a lot of money so practical/cheap solutions would be very welcome.

Boborther

Re: Snooring Neighbor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 10:58:10 PM »
Valerie,

I'm here to help, and to give you hope that this problem can indeed be resolved.
There is a material called mass loaded vinyl (MLV) that can be adhered directly to the wall between you and the snoozing neighbor. This (MLV) would be stapled to your existing drywall and then you'll caulk the seams and all the way around the perimeter with an acoustical caulk, and finally I'd recommend that you layer over the (MLV) with a layer of 5/8" fire code drywall, tape , mud and paint and  Presto, your wall is soundproofed!!
Now if you are unable to layer over the (MLV) with the drywall, you can simply paint the (MLV) with vinyl or latex paint. It's that simple Val.
Please feel free to give me a call if you hve any further questions, the advice is free and so is the call (888) 942-7723. Thanks Valerie.
Sincerely,

Bob Orther
(The Bob Vila of Soundproofing)
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Orders only (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!