Author Topic: Quieting Refrigerator  (Read 7231 times)

art in Seattle

Quieting Refrigerator
« on: February 08, 2001, 05:28:14 PM »
I'm remodeling my kitchen,which is adjacent to my living room. The refrigerator I picked matches well but is known to be noisy (stainless, bottom drawer GE). It sits against a nonbearing wall on the left, and cabinets on the right.  I want to reduce the sound it carries into the room.  I've read the "kit section" and wonder about wrapping the motor.  Has anyone tried this?  Any hints from anyone?  Thanks,  Art  in Seattle

bjnash

Re: Quieting Refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 02:10:51 AM »
: I'm remodeling my kitchen,which is adjacent to my living room. The refrigerator I picked matches well but is known to be noisy (stainless, bottom drawer GE). It sits against a nonbearing wall on the left, and cabinets on the right.  I want to reduce the sound it carries into the room.  I've read the "kit section" and wonder about wrapping the motor.  Has anyone tried this?  Any hints from anyone?  Thanks,  Art  in Seattle

Click on the link below!

antonette93

Re: Quieting Refrigerator
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:24:23 AM »
Why don't you try putting a small rug under the refrigerator, it may deaden the sound reflecting off your hard floor. I have also tried it and it really works. Good luck!

anything