Author Topic: Pool motor noise  (Read 5376 times)

perry zieben

Pool motor noise
« on: December 07, 2003, 06:52:46 PM »
My pool has just been completed and the pump is behind the garage, which adjoins my neighbors driveway and back yard patio.  She has indicated the noice is very loud and I must do something to silence it.  I live in the Houston area, so it is very hot during summer.  The pump is a 2  1/2 hourspower Pentair switchless pump, on a crowded pad.  Whats the most effective way to dampen the noise?  Please advise.

Thanks
Perry

Kelly Bashant

Re: Pool motor noise
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 04:17:18 PM »
I have the same problem with a neighbor complaining of pool pump noise on a new pump.  Any replies?

Scott Swisher

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 11:32:05 PM »
Hello Kelly,

The answer to your problem is going to be a dual enclosure for your pool pump.  This enclosure would be best made out of sheet metal; however, it can also be made out of exterior plywood.  The enclosure will be made up of one larger and one small box.

You will want to line the boxes with closed cell foam (Super Soundproofing Mat) to absorb some of the sound of the pump.

You will have the boxes constructed with one side open on each box to allow for airflow.

Please, check on our website the link about sounproofing generators and pumps for more specific information.

We are also available for a free phone consultation at 1-888-972-7723.

Thanks,

Scott Swisher

Super Soundproofing Consultant

Carl Mainguy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 03:11:17 PM »
Hi,
I read the replay about the dual box. This is a bulky solution, Also you would need to account for the hoses coming out of the pump.

I have been racking my brain about this problem,

What if I made a blanket out of the super absortion foam. My thought was to create spacer cones so that the foam is not directly on the pump. I would need to leave the bottom open as this is where the exhaust is. I could leave a skirt around the pump. My thought was to leave the front o= fht pump open (where hoses are).

Would this be a viable sound reduction solution?

Carl

anything