Author Topic: Testimonials for a floating ceiling  (Read 6799 times)

Diane S.

Testimonials for a floating ceiling
« on: December 12, 2003, 05:27:35 PM »
If anyone reading this has already done a floating or drop ceiling to lessen the impact noise from above in an apartment, PLEASE post your results!

I believe that this is quite an expensive undertaking, therefore any results and opinions on the outcomes will be more than greatly appreciated!!!

Granahan Construction

Re: Testimonials for a floating ceiling
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 12:20:25 AM »
Dear Diane,  I do them all the time.  Check out my web site to see the pics.  granahanconstruction.com  An additional benefit of doing the "full float" is you can run speaker wire, coax. (cable) or add a ceiling fan (like I did in the web pics).  Give me a call if I can help. (949) 280-6220  John Granahan

Diane S.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 01:39:53 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks so much for your reply.  What exactly do you mean by a "full float"?

Diane

beatrice

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 01:48:58 AM »
Great question.
My upstairs neighbor wears clogs and her two-year old drops things on the floor all the time. How much relief would I get from floating my ceiling (which I'd rather do then move out).
I'd be curios to hear from people who had their ceiling worked on. ???

blue07

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »
Many ceiling fans come with a light kit that is easy to install. Here are some tips to help you attach the fan blades and globes in your ceiling fan. ...

amanda.940

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:54:55 PM »
That's a pretty old forum - isn't it ... but you are right light kits are really easy to install - but where are your tips?