Author Topic: Reducing noise emission outdoors from Drums  (Read 5277 times)

C. Brent

Reducing noise emission outdoors from Drums
« on: January 01, 2004, 01:13:20 AM »
I have a next door neighbor who has rabbit ears when it comes to my drum playing. We live in a heavily wooded neighborhood, which may or may not be a factor.  I formerly had the drums in an upstairs room and feel the noise ricocheted off the house to the rear of ours making things worse. I have relocated them downstairs, where the ricochet will not be an issue, but know I need to reduce the amount of sound escaping outdoors since this guy tells the neighbors to turn their stereo down when they are outdoors before he pulls his lawnmower out to mow.  The room in question has other rooms buffering it on 3 sides and the noise is not bad anywhere except the exterior wall side. This wall has a window as well.  I need an easy, inexpensive and removable (I only rent the house) solution for keeping as much noise from escaping outdoors as possible.

Jan Stigberg

Re:  Reducing noise emission outdoors from Dr
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 01:51:52 AM »
Hi. I have exactly the same problem. My kids' jam with friends at our house because the drums are here. Only the neighbors on one side are bothered and they are bothered a lot! If you've received any helpfull advice, could you please share it with me. Thanks, Jan

SpeedReed

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:01:58 AM »
ditto. my band has practicies at my house and i have one neighbor who decides he has a problem with it after 6 months. i need to keep the sound from escaping outside. what is the cheapest and most effective way to accomplish that? it's mostly the bass and drums causing the problem of course.

supersoundproofing

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:38:31 PM »
Hello , With regard to earlier drum and music soundproofing questions, we aprreciate your consideration toward your neighbors.
     This is a solution useful to people who rent homes or apartments.
There are affordable solutions for your practice areas. You can purchase mass loaded vinyl. Attach the MLV to your exixting drywall using as few screws as possible. Then use lead seam tape in the seams.
Before you move just remove the seam tape, remove the screws from the MLV, patch and paint.

After measuring, if you need help determining the amount of material needed, Give us a call

Thank you.

Marc Saldana
Super Soundproofing Inc.
Marc@soundproofing.org
Telephone (760)752 3030

anything