Author Topic: Massage rooms need soundproofing...HELP!!!!  (Read 5405 times)

Jan Walker

Massage rooms need soundproofing...HELP!!!!
« on: February 11, 2001, 06:19:26 PM »
My partner and I have rented an office space with 4 rooms-a reception area,two 8x14 treatment rooms and a  small kitchen/storage area.  Our problem is when we have clients in both treatment rooms and our stereos on low we can hear everything from the other room...not conducive for relaxing or privacy.  Also, when clients comes into the reception area to wait their voices can be heard in the treatment rooms.  Our budget is tight and our landlords is also.  Please help!  The walls are are made of drywall with metal studs every 16".  Our ceiling tiles are the drop in type and the wall between our rooms just goes to the top of the ceiling.  Above the tiles are some wires, pipes etc.  We have an estimate from an insulation co. to blow in fiberglass and lay fiberglass on top of the ceiling tiles-just for the 2 rms.-$460.00....Thanks in advance for your help.

bjnash

Re: Massage rooms need soundproofing...HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 01:00:37 AM »
: My partner and I have rented an office space with 4 rooms-a reception area,two 8x14 treatment rooms and a  small kitchen/storage area.  Our problem is when we have clients in both treatment rooms and our stereos on low we can hear everything from the other room...not conducive for relaxing or privacy.  Also, when clients comes into the reception area to wait their voices can be heard in the treatment rooms.  Our budget is tight and our landlords is also.  Please help!  The walls are are made of drywall with metal studs every 16".  Our ceiling tiles are the drop in type and the wall between our rooms just goes to the top of the ceiling.  Above the tiles are some wires, pipes etc.  We have an estimate from an insulation co. to blow in fiberglass and lay fiberglass on top of the ceiling tiles-just for the 2 rms.-$460.00....Thanks in advance for your help.
a: Blow and fiberglass IN WILL BE A WASTE OF MONEY: yOU NEED TO GO TO THE TOP WITH YOUR WALLS AND INSULATE THEM AS DETAILED IN THE ARTICLE BELOW.