Author Topic: Another Compressor Question  (Read 4457 times)

Jim Fox

Another Compressor Question
« on: February 26, 2004, 02:00:23 PM »
I looked through the enclosing generator page posted in another message and support page.  Guess I still have some questions.

1)  I'm not sure how the box is constructed, say at the corners and attaching everything.

2)  Part of the problem is I have a 6.5hp Oil-less compressor, which is WAY loud.  Would I be wasting time to try and dampen the sound enough on that so it could run say at night when people are sleeping upstairs?

I use my compressor not only for air nailers, but for airbrushing small items.

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Another Compressor Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:44:16 PM »
The box is reinforced at the corners with a backing strip o wood, screwed (not nailed) together.  Best to use some wood glue too, so that handling won't cause problems.  

The article at http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/generator.htmhas drawings and discusses the issues.

BJ Nash Super Soundproofing CO
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

dRaKTHX

Bass consideration
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 06:29:37 AM »
Hi - great site!

I live upstairs in an apartment building and I work 2nd shift. I don't want to disturb the downstairs ladies with my computer system and/or home theatre. I play games and watch movies. I don't play real loud music. I do however, have a nice sized subwoofer for my pc and for my tv. I would like it if someone would be able to tell me if there is a mat or some such item that I could use to put underneath the sub to alleviate me getting evicted. hehe ---someone told me that I couldn't just put it under the sub as a mat. I would have to treat the entire floor. Well I remind you again that I live in an apt. Please help - thanks - great site again!

dRaK68 - IL

anything