Author Topic: thr drone of ventilator and air conditioning  (Read 3574 times)

irene

thr drone of ventilator and air conditioning
« on: March 27, 2004, 03:56:37 AM »
i live in an old east village apt... top floor...very fancy restaurant has opened in the basement and ground floor and the owners have installed ventilators and air conditioning units on the roof ...ie above my kitchen and bedroom - its making me nuts!! - apparently not so loud that the city can fine them (yet...they have a huge fan that they havent even fired up yet) i asked th eowner if he intended putting a buffer around the unit but he said its illegal ...what goes here...what is possible re this situation...the restauant owners have spent a fortune on their fancy restaurant ..i imagine that if i offer them a solution to the noise problem it will savethem some mbarrassing moments later  on...ie sleepdeprived crazy neighbours destroying their chic ambiance with loud complaints ...what do people do with those noises ...we have a running water sound as well as a drone ... :-/

Bennie

Re: thr drone of ventilator and air conditioning
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 11:33:55 PM »
White noise would be the best way to go for you, I think.  Buy a white noise machine or run a fan which drowns out other noise.  An air purifier also drowns out noise.  And wear ear plugs or headphones playing nice music.  Good luck.   I hear loud traffic noise all around my house and outside.  Noise everywhere is something noone can escape anymore.  I sympathize.