Author Topic: AC/Heater in own room but...  (Read 2959 times)

Francis Belardino

AC/Heater in own room but...
« on: May 25, 2004, 12:28:47 PM »
The AC/Heater unit in the finished above ground basement <level 1 of 3> is in it's own small room but the door is the shutter type. I thought to just replace that with a solid door but the home inspector said, NO!! - The unit needs air or it will build up carbon monoxide.

So, what can be done so I don't have to hear this thing kick on and off all day? The washer and dryer are in this small room as well.

Thanks so much!
Frank

boborther

Re: AC/Heater in own room but...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 09:09:42 PM »
Frank,

I think I would vent in some air from the outside and then replace the door with a solid core door, your HVAC guy should be able to help you with that. That way you can alleviate the noise from exiting the room and heading into the rest of the house. MLV on the walls would also be helpful. If you get a chance, please give me a call toll free @ (888) 942-7723. Thanks Frank.

Sincerely,

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Senior Technical Advisor
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
E-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Anytime  (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!

Francis Belardino

Re: AC/Heater in own room but...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 01:53:12 AM »
This sounds good except the house is a town home and not an end unit. The HVAC room is about 6 feet from an exterior wall however.

We move this weekend. I'll give you call sometime in the next week or so and work out a plan. I'd be happy to pick up your products and advice.

FB
www.beladmedia.com

anything