Author Topic: Frequencies and  Transmitting Signals  (Read 3126 times)

Teresa

Frequencies and  Transmitting Signals
« on: June 30, 2004, 03:32:16 PM »
THERE IS A FREQUENT HIGH PITCH SOUND AND ALSO IT HAS A FLUXUATION IN THE PITCH ACCORDING TO WHAT IS ON IN THE APARTMENT/ RUNNING WATER,WASHING MACHINE AND TV AND PHONES/CELLPHONES RADIOS ETC... THIS IS EVERYDAY AND NIGHT I NEED TO SOUNDPROOF MY APARTMENT FROM THIS TYPE OF INTERFERENCE???

boborther

Re: Frequencies and  Transmitting Signals
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 11:39:21 PM »
Teresa,

There maybe a fluxuation in the 60 cycle power in your house or apartment. This is a droning sound and would most likely be blocked by a layer of mass loaded vinyl and then another layer of drywall installed over top of it.
Now we cannot forget the windows as a possible culprits in the war against sound polution. Windows often allow such sounds to pass quite readily as they are at best invisible to sound. If this is the case, you have 3 choices. #1) would be a window plug made of the 2" vinyl nitrile foam mat, #2) would be a Magnet Seal window insert, and #3) would be to install new Mil-gard 40 STC or better windows.
It really becomes difficult to soundproof your home when you are not exactly sure of the source of the noise or the failure of which structural material  which is allowing this frequency to pass.
 Please feel free to call me toll free @ (888) 942-7723 and we can discuss your situation in depth. Thanks for the posting Teresa.

Sincerely,

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Senior Technical Advisor
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
E-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Anytime  (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!