Author Topic: Sound proof board for under bed  (Read 4368 times)

Glen T. Winstein

Sound proof board for under bed
« on: August 04, 2004, 12:49:55 PM »
     Please help:

Is there some kind of soundproof board for this?

This may be a little different.  I'm in a handicapped/elderly apt. where the vibrations of noise from below come up through my bed at times.  I'm trying to go to college at nearly 50 with handicaps and need my sleep.  I can't afford to think of injecting stuff into the floor/ceiling space, and I don't want to move away from near the school.  I've tried the landlord to no avail.  I was thinking of putting my mattress atop a bunk bed and laying a hard square of some kind of soundproof stuff on the floor to set the bed on.  Is there something I could use like that?  Any good tips are welcome.

Glen T. Winstein

true@telerama.com

bernie c

Re: Sound proof board for under bed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:56:39 PM »
Glen,

Can you share how you know that the vibration is coming from downstairs and what is causing it?  I am going through a same situation, vibration on the bed and a faint hum sound (have not figured out where it is coming from, but suspect from downstairs neigbor, but cannot proof), not to mention their TV is on all night long.   :'(

I symphatize with you.

Thanks,
BC

boborther

Re: Sound proof board for under bed
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 04:34:02 PM »
Glenn,

The solution to this problem is oft time difficult to find, however, many of my customers have had some excellent results by rolling out a layer of MLV Mass Loaded Vinyl on the floor beneath the bed (under the feet of the bed as well) and then placing the bed up on 3" vibration pads. Is this a cure all? Who knows. I just know what my customers tell me works. The vibration pads always seem to work better when used in conjunction with MLV.
That's my story guys, and the last time I checked, I was the expert. Thanks for the post. All of these materials can be had from The Super Soundproofing Co.

Bob O.
Senior Technical Advisor
The Super Soundproofing Co.
(888) 942-7723

anything