Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: block traffic noise  (Read 4083 times)

Daniel

block traffic noise
« on: August 06, 2004, 03:28:30 PM »

Hi,

I just browse the internet and went to the search engine and found this soundproof forum, which most people have similar problem like me.

My house is close to the highway, and the house already has double pane windows, but I can still here the buzzing noise inside the 2 small bedrooms, which are in the front side of the house.  I saw  www.soundproofwindows.com  and also  www.magnetite.com.   Does anyone know which one is more effective ?

Thanks,
Daniel

Mike Greene

Re: block traffic noise
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 05:51:47 AM »

I have the double pane windows and a recessed 3" window sill. Purchased the soundproof windows and had them installed.
Started with two windows first and followed up with two more and a sliding door.
Definately worth the money and it reduced the sound quite well.

The freeway is a ~100-150 in front of my house with a 6' wall seperating the freeway from my 2-story. Windows used on the frontside and upper and lower levels. Windows on the back of the house didn't need them, already double paned and not as noisey...

hope it helps..

-mg