Author Topic: Clarification of answer below?  (Read 2498 times)

Alexandra

Clarification of answer below?
« on: February 26, 2001, 06:06:33 AM »
Randy,
I have a question about an answer you gave to someone. Here is the question and answer:
i have the same problem as Doug, i share a wall with a stranger and can often hear their tv at all hours of the evening. Is there a way i can put soundproofing material up without actually installing it in the inside of the wall?
: Thanks, Andrea
Sure, just put some soundproofing mat on the wall and cover it with paneling, curtains or just paint it.
When you say to just put soundproofing mat on the wall, do you mean the foam mat or the loaded vinyl? Also, is the best way to put up loaded vinyl on a wall to staple it on?
Thank you!

Randy - Super Soundproofing CO

Re: Clarification of answer below?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2001, 11:44:57 PM »
: Randy,
: I have a question about an answer you gave to someone. Here is the question and answer:
: i have the same problem as Doug, i share a wall with a stranger and can often hear their tv at all hours of the evening. Is there a way i can put soundproofing material up without actually installing it in the inside of the wall?
: : Thanks, Andrea
: Sure, just put some soundproofing mat on the wall and cover it with paneling, curtains or just paint it.
: When you say to just put soundproofing mat on the wall, do you mean the foam mat or the loaded vinyl? Also, is the best way to put up loaded vinyl on a wall to staple it on?
: Thank you!
When foam mat is applied to a wall, it is necessary to glue it down for best results, but the barrier material (Mass Loaded Vinyl) can be stapled or hung with batten strips at the top.  Using both enhances the soundproofing quality.  

anything