Author Topic: Sectioning off part of a living room  (Read 3286 times)

Will

Sectioning off part of a living room
« on: September 28, 2004, 09:15:36 PM »
I am currently attending college and I live in a apartment style dormitory. My roommates are assholes and since I arrived last they took the bedrooms and moved my bed outside into the living room. There are always other people over, people in the kitchen making noise, a dishwasher going on, a television on, music on, the list goes on. I realize I'm not going to be able to quiet down my room enough to completely block out the majority of this, but I would really like to limit it as much as possible.

Currently I have aligned three desks that are approximately 3.5' long and 5' high, which has given me a quasi-wall to work with, minus an open section I'm using as the entrance.  The living room is quite large, with approximately 15' ceilings. The space I have is about 14' by 8'. The "wall" I am essentially looking to create would be about 12' wide and 15' tall. I'd say my budget for soundproofing and room separation is about $100.  I know there‚Äôs not a lot available to me at that price, but can anyone suggest any possible solutions for me? I'm really not concerned with aesthetics at all. Thanks a lot.

anything