Author Topic: basment windows  (Read 2663 times)

Albert Y

basment windows
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:53:03 PM »
I have a home theather setup and I want to put noise control material that will block sound from escaping out but also to absorb it so it doesn't bounce back in. This will also stop the light from coming in. the window frame is pretty thick as I can just push the material behind where the blinds go (I have about 4 inches there).  What material do you recommend?

Albert Y

Re: basment windows
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:57:46 PM »
Guess there is no edit.  But I am mainly just concerned with the basment window. I also heard that  If a foam is too open (has too many cell walls removed) sound waves pass through the foam without being absorbed. If a foam is too closed cell (has too many cells walls remaining) sound cannot be absorbed and is reflected back to it's source actually increasing noise within the contained area.

Do you have a material that suits my needs?  Thanks.

Albert Y.

Re: basment windows
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:24:49 AM »
My two windows are 4'11" each.  I am thinking I either should put in the super soundproofing silencer floor mat, or  a super soundproofing silencer flooring, and then a 48" X 48" acoustical wedgie to be more sound absorbing that the 1/8" backing on the floor mat model.