Author Topic: Low Frequency Noise  (Read 4468 times)

Chris Prescott

Low Frequency Noise
« on: November 27, 2004, 11:44:41 PM »
I have problems with neighboring home electronic sound systems, generally in the low frequency range such as that created by a subwoofer component.  I have reviewed some good suggestions in your forum section such as sound proofing the fence with a double wall from wood and fill the inside with a closed cell vinyl nitrile foam mat. Would this be effective for low frequencies?  This solution would help with the downstairs portion of the house, but can you suggest other techniques or advice for the second story of our house.  In general, noise does not bother me, but low frequency bass pounding sound drives me nuts and I really need to eliminate this.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris

Francis Walden

Re: Low Frequency Noise
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 02:18:20 PM »
I have a problem with my neighbors playing bass 24/7    this is driving me nuts!! Do you have any advise for me?I have already run the gambit with the sheriffs department. I just want a device in my home to cancel the bass.

Terry Terry

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 12:31:25 PM »
Sub bass can pretty much travel through anything as far as i'm aware....

:(

supersoundproofing

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:23:24 PM »
Deal with the noise at the source- low freq sound is pretty much un-trainable after getting away.  Try to get the sub-woofer off the floor and pointed away...

BJ nash