Author Topic: Why do people buy homes near traffic?  (Read 3176 times)

John Lopez

Why do people buy homes near traffic?
« on: December 02, 2004, 02:14:28 AM »
After reading so many of these posts, I just wonder why people who don't like traffic noise, buy their homes near busy roads or highways?  Is it because they can't afford houses in quieter neighborhoods, or because they don't realize just how much the traffic will annoy them later?   Or before they buy the houses, do they just view the for sale houses during non peak hour times and then the traffic doesn't seem so bad?
Just wondering.

Julie

Re: Why do people buy homes near traffic?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 02:24:43 AM »
In our case, the house had too many other advantages such as great location, great price, perfect size, etc etc.  We knew the disadvantages of some traffic noise were very outweighted by the advantages and we were willing to put up with the noise for the other things.   We also knew, that since life is not perfect, we would have just had some other problem to deal with if we had bought a house in a quieter location.   It would have been different from the problem of traffic noise, but a problem just the same.

SwaveDave

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 10:02:15 PM »
Check one two...check.

SwaveDave

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:08:05 PM »
I bought my very first house on a busy Highway. The house was about 40 feet from the road. Speed Limit was 35 mph...but they went 50 mph much of the time.  I bought it because i didnt havent much money for a house.

I could NEVER..i mean NEVER live in a major city downtown ; i think it is extremely important to realize peace and quiet in your life . I truly enjoy just thinking in the car without the radio on , and, at home without the tv on.  I think we have become dependent on noise , as company sometimes.  Many look upon noise as a welcomed friend -- i do not . And, ill be glad once im dead  :)   . (ill be in Heaven then because i know Christ as my personal Saviour and i sure hope you have taken the required steps to settle where you will spend eternity. If not, you better email me asap).