Author Topic: Am I asking the impossible?  (Read 4119 times)

Derek DeFields

Am I asking the impossible?
« on: January 03, 2005, 03:03:41 AM »
Hi all, GREAT site!

I'm interested in soundproofing my garage so my band and I can practice anytime day or night 24/7. Garage is separated from the house by about a 4 foot walkway and is about 15 feet from the nearest neighbor's wall. (it's about 50 ft to the other neighbor)

I plan on having this done professionally and would like power and air run as well.

So, the question is, is this possible? I'm willing to pay to have it done right but "right" to me is being able to play anytime I want.  (I'm a drummer and play in various projects including a loud rock group)

Any advice? Anyone done it successfully? I've HEARD it's been done, but I remain concerned as drums are so freakin loud it's unbelievable. Any vague price estimate would be great too.

Thanks!
Derek

Derek DeFields

Re: Am I asking the impossible?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:20:35 AM »
Interestingly enough, I still haven't seen any success stories on this board regarding rehearsal spaces. C'mon, someone must have done it.

I had Granahan out here and he seems to have his stuff together but I'm having trouble getting him out here one more time for final adjustments. He seems really busy.

Again, ANY success stories would be very heartening. Thanks! :)