Author Topic: Noise in HAVC Ducts  (Read 3712 times)

Tim

Noise in HAVC Ducts
« on: February 01, 2005, 04:14:26 PM »
I’m having problems with noise in my metal HVAC ducts. It’s not a popping or pinging noise from the expansion and contraction of the metal. The noise is from the furnace and blower motor, the same noise you would hear if your were standing next to the furnace while it’s running. It’s only coming from the ducts, not through the walls or floor. I have read about “Super Soundproofing Liquid” and another product called “Silent Running”. Both are a liquid soundproofing that is painted onto the surface. Would this help??? If so, should it be applied to inside, outside, or both surfaces of the ducts?

Carlos

Re: Noise in HAVC Ducts
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 08:16:13 PM »
Dear Tim,

We have the solution to your problem. Our product is called NOXUDOL 3100 it's a water-base sound damping compound manufactured in Sweden specially for structure borne vibration and noises. It would be our pleasure to provide further information on the benefits of our product. Our product is proudly use throughout the world in the Marine, Automotive, Railroad and Industrial field.

Please, contact us at (310) 324-0149 or via email at noxudol@soshinusa.com

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Best regards,
Carlos

supersoundproofing

Re: Noise in HAVC Ducts
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:49:56 AM »
Hey Tim.  HVAC noise is sometimes evasive . The sound of your furnace running is troubling?
I like what Carlos is offering. If you have not already, you should check into it.
The liquids can be very effective. And usually need to be built up to a certain thickness before effective.

Thanks for you question.
Also, thank you to Carlos for his answer.

SIncerely,
Marc W.Saldana
Super Soundproofing Inc.

anything