Author Topic: Building a seperated, soundproofed room at the bottom of the garden...  (Read 4493 times)

Nat

Hiya,
I live in a family of musicains and we need a much larger music room  (we have a concert grand piano, drum kit, vibraphone, double bass etc. as well as a recording studio on the top floor) than the one we currently have. One option we've been considering is building a large soundproofed room at the bottom of our garden to act as a music room, as well as being a live room for the recording studio (oviously we'd build a control room as well for the equiptment). This was realy only an idea we had today so we haven't had any time to investigate prices, but as we're thinking of building it ourselves, I was wondering how I could go about designing it? Are there any places on the internet with infomation about this sort of thing?
Thanks for your help!
 --Nat

bjnash

Re: Building a seperated, soundproofed room at the bottom of the garden...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2000, 03:05:49 AM »

: Hiya,
: I live in a family of musicains and we need a much larger music room  (we have a concert grand piano, drum kit, vibraphone, double bass etc. as well as a recording studio on the top floor) than the one we currently have. One option we've been considering is building a large soundproofed room at the bottom of our garden to act as a music room, as well as being a live room for the recording studio (oviously we'd build a control room as well for the equiptment). This was realy only an idea we had today so we haven't had any time to investigate prices, but as we're thinking of building it ourselves, I was wondering how I could go about designing it? Are there any places on the internet with infomation about this sort of thing?
: Thanks for your help!
:   --Nat
You may want to get a copy of the EPA reprint:  "Quieting: A practical Guide to Noise Control", we've reprinted it as a public service and it's available for just postage and the photo copying costs - $15 PP ($18 Foreign). You can order from the web site with your credit card!