Author Topic: Silencing low freq computer noise from floor  (Read 3263 times)

mark coldrick

Silencing low freq computer noise from floor
« on: March 10, 2005, 02:08:31 AM »
I live in a room above a small school. My apartment was converted from what was once a whole school building and they did not soundproof the floors.  I am being disturbed from sleeping by constant low level/low frequency droning of computers/ office equipment that is left on all night in the school room below me.  It is hard to determine wether the noise is coming through just the floor or both the floor and up inside the thin inner walls.  I rent the apartment so i am not allowed to take up the floorboards, so i would only be able to lay soundproofing on top of them.  Please help me with advice on what products are/ are not effective against this specific low frequency noise. thank you.

Noxudol-Carlos

Re: Silencing low freq computer noise from floor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 01:29:30 AM »
Dear Mark,

In connection to your email regarding low-frequency noise. I would like to offer you our product is a water-base brush/sprayable sound damping compound. Our material has been accepted by the marine,automobile,train and industrial industry. It would be our pleasure to provide further information on the benefits of Noxudol.

Please, contact us at (310) 324-0149 or noxudol@soshinusa.com

Regards,
Carlos

supersoundproofing

Re: Silencing low freq computer noise from floor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 11:11:07 PM »

A material that would cut the sound level 50% is available at

http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/flooring.htm

and you can just lay it over your floor.  (All the floor needs to be covered).  It is durable enough to walk on!

anything