Author Topic: office next to furnace room  (Read 3672 times)

George H

office next to furnace room
« on: March 06, 2001, 02:45:59 AM »
I'm relocating my home office next to the furnace room.  The main sources of noise are the furnace, of course, and water running into the floor drain from the flow-through humidifier.  The room is already drywalled.  I've read through most of the info about resilient channels, etc.  I'm not keen on removing the drywall, because the problem is not critical.  Are there any free-standing panels I can put up in the office?  I'm willing to experiment as to location and don't require absolute quiet, just a reduction in noise.

George H

Re: office next to furnace room
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2001, 02:50:04 AM »
: I'm relocating my home office next to the furnace room.  The main sources of noise are the furnace, of course, and water running into the floor drain from the flow-through humidifier.  The room is already drywalled.  I've read through most of the info about resilient channels, etc.  I'm not keen on removing the drywall, because the problem is not critical.  Are there any free-standing panels I can put up in the office?  I'm willing to experiment as to location and don't require absolute quiet, just a reduction in noise.
Further to my own message:  I'll be spending 90 percent of the time sitting at the desk, so that is why I'm asking about free-standing panels.  I would just like to reduce the noise in that one area if that is possible.

Randy - Super Soundproofing CO

Re: office next to furnace room
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2001, 10:07:25 PM »
: : I'm relocating my home office next to the furnace room.  The main sources of noise are the furnace, of course, and water running into the floor drain from the flow-through humidifier.  The room is already drywalled.  I've read through most of the info about resilient channels, etc.  I'm not keen on removing the drywall, because the problem is not critical.  Are there any free-standing panels I can put up in the office?  I'm willing to experiment as to location and don't require absolute quiet, just a reduction in noise.
: Further to my own message:  I'll be spending 90 percent of the time sitting at the desk, so that is why I'm asking about free-standing panels.  I would just like to reduce the noise in that one area if that is possible.
Blocking sound means to completely block it.  SOund it like water, it will find the path of least resistance and go around your panels.

anything