Author Topic: Electric Drums  (Read 2733 times)

Monica Ianelli

Electric Drums
« on: May 19, 2005, 09:51:37 PM »
So I live in an upper unit of a condo complex and decided to buy a really nice elctric drum kit to be polite to our neighbors.  Unfortunately our nasty downstairs neighbor believes it still makes too much noise.  It seems the bass petal makes too much noise (if only she had anyidea of what it could be like!)  Anyway, without sound proofing the 1100 square foot apartment, is there any way to sound proof the floor just under the drum kit a 6'x6' space?  

Ryan

Re: Electric Drums
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 11:31:37 PM »
I sure am glad that you are not my neighbor!: <<It seems the bass petal makes too much noise (if only she had anyidea of what it could be like!)>>

Your best solution is to Build a platform to disconnect the source of the Bass from the floor.

Aside from that, keep in mind that you live in a CONDO and that there is nothing more annoying than booming pounding bass coming from a neighbor.

My advice is to have a friend bang on the drums while you go listen to what it sounds like downstairs in your neighbors condo. Then see what your adjacent neighbors are dealing with.
Hopefully you'll  find that its just not a good idea to play drums in a condo, I'm sure thats what your neighbors are all wishing for.

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Electric Drums
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 12:17:26 AM »
Vibration pads such as used under fitness machines may work, too.
See
http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/vibrationpads.htm#Vib
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

anything