Author Topic: Furnace Room in Single Level Condo  (Read 4121 times)

Ryan M

Furnace Room in Single Level Condo
« on: July 13, 2005, 03:11:06 PM »
I have been looking at condos recently and found one I really like the overall layout of.  The only concern of mine is that the furnace/water heater room is on the same level (due to no basement) and in the hallway that the kitchen and family room is off of.  Because of this it is noisey in those two rooms.

The doors of the room are metal vented closet doors painted to match the walls.  I am assuming that they are vented for air circulation.  The furnace is 80% efficient and I have heard that type of furnace cannot be totally enclosed in a closet due to fire hazards.  

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to help lower the noise coming from the room.  I am new to the soundproofing stuff and really have no idea what options are available.

Thanks in advance.

R

Re: Furnace Room in Single Level Condo
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 06:33:51 PM »
I'm in the same situation and thought I'd bump this to see if anyone has any ideas. I was thinking of lining the furnace closet with some kind of material but I assume there are all sorts of fire regulations about what can go in there.

Thanks

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Furnace Room in Single Level Condo
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 07:25:48 PM »
I'm in the same situation and thought I'd bump this to see if anyone has any ideas. I was thinking of lining the furnace closet with some kind of material but I assume there are all sorts of fire regulations about what can go in there.

Thanks

Our SSP foam mat at http://www.soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html is suitable for that, it is approved for use in aircraft as it meets those fire code regulations.

BJ Nash Super Soundproofing co
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org