Author Topic: Drum Studio  (Read 2833 times)

VitaminD

Drum Studio
« on: March 10, 2001, 07:34:20 PM »
I just purchased a home and want to convert a room into a drum studio. My top priority is to make it as unnoticable to my neighbors as possible.
The room I have choosen is the den... a room that is elevated off of the concrete floor of the basement by about 30 inches.
The room has two windows approximate 12 inches high by 36 inches long.
My biggest concern is the neighbors attached ( The house has one common wall with the people on the other side).
There is 16 feet of space between me and the neighbors house on the opposite side, so, I can't imaging it would be much of a problem.

Randy - Super Soundproofing CO

Re: Drum Studio
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2001, 10:36:31 PM »
: I just purchased a home and want to convert a room into a drum studio. My top priority is to make it as unnoticable to my neighbors as possible.
: The room I have choosen is the den... a room that is elevated off of the concrete floor of the basement by about 30 inches.
: The room has two windows approximate 12 inches high by 36 inches long.
: My biggest concern is the neighbors attached ( The house has one common wall with the people on the other side).
: There is 16 feet of space between me and the neighbors house on the opposite side, so, I can't imaging it would be much of a problem.
 Probably not the best of choices.  The elevated floor will allow sound out as well as the common wall.  You'll be suprised at how well your drums will be heard by the next door neighbor!  Read this first before you start construction: