Author Topic: Soundproofing a small room????  (Read 2992 times)

Andrew Steele

Soundproofing a small room????
« on: March 12, 2001, 06:02:32 PM »
Hi. Im in a course for entrepreneurship right now called Venture Out. My goal is to open a store with a rehearsal space for local bands in the back. What I need to know is approx. how much it will cost me to soundproof a 20'x20' room for the rehearsal space. I dont know what materials to use or anything,so Im having a really hard time figuring out what I need to know. If theres anybody out there who can help me, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Randy - Super Soundproofing CO

Re: Soundproofing a small room????
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2001, 04:47:45 AM »
: Hi. Im in a course for entrepreneurship right now called Venture Out. My goal is to open a store with a rehearsal space for local bands in the back. What I need to know is approx. how much it will cost me to soundproof a 20'x20' room for the rehearsal space. I dont know what materials to use or anything,so Im having a really hard time figuring out what I need to know. If theres anybody out there who can help me, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
There isn't a quick answer to this:  You may want to get a copy of the EPA reprint:  "Quieting: A practical Guide to Noise Control", we've reprinted it as a public service and it's available for just postage and the photo copying costs - $15 PP ($9 more foreign). You can order from the web site with your credit card!