Author Topic: soundproofing a small rented basement for cheap  (Read 4151 times)

smidge

soundproofing a small rented basement for cheap
« on: August 28, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »
Hello.  I'm looking to soundproof a basement for my fairly loud band to practice in.  Problem is, the house is rented so I can't do much permanent construction.  And the space is very small, about 15' by 18' with two small windows facing both neighboring houses.  The walls and floor are all the original concrete.  Ceiling is exposed wood with piping, ducts, etc.  

After reading the basement soundproofing tutorial, I assume that putting some sort of foam in the ceiling and making some sort of rigging for the windows would probably have the biggest effect.  But I'm on a very tight budget.  

Could anyone recommend an inexpensive plan or suggest some materials?  I WILL order from the folks behind soundproofing.org, as I appreciate all the help the website has already given me.   (And if my question gets answered by this Thursday, I might be able to pick up materials in Boston.)

Thank you very much.

supersoundproofing

Re: soundproofing a small rented basement for chea
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:39:02 PM »
Soundproofing and cheap are not words that go well together!  But I see a basement with hay bales stacked over all the walls to the ceiling...

BJ Nash