Author Topic: Train Noise  (Read 3936 times)

Michele Richards

Train Noise
« on: September 05, 2005, 01:19:03 AM »
We had recently moved, but we did not realize that train tracks ran behind our allotment.  Therefore, we are not getting much sleep because the train horns blow a few times in the middle of the night and the house actually vibrates.  Unfortunately we are very light sleepers and have a hard time going back to sleep once awaken.  We have a new construction house.  I am desperately seeking any suggestions at all!!

AB

Re: Train Noise
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 04:38:41 AM »
The only suggestion I can give you is probably gonna sound stupid, but it is what I am using with the traffic noise I have close to a house I just bought.

For a bit, the noise was kinda getting me down, but then I began to remind myself of all the many many good things of the house. How stoked I am about it.

And now, while the noise is still there during rush hours, I am not annoyed but it, but rather, sort of embrace it.

Hope it helps.

Rose

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:33:06 PM »
That's kind of what I do.  I have learned to embrace the noise and not be upset by it.  Our house has so many advantages that far outweigh the disadvantage of some traffic noise.  You will get used to the train and eventually not even wake up when it goes through.  

Ryan

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:50:31 AM »
I too live next to a train. Hehe those 2am freight trains my god, are they loud enough? I usually sleep through them now. Just keep in mind all the things that used to bug you in an old place that you no longer deal with. For me it was a little 7yr old elephant juming off the bed onto my head every morning, thank god that is over! the train is awesome.
ryan

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 10:29:54 PM »
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

anything