Author Topic: Outdoor Soundproofing  (Read 3668 times)

Kimberly Peacock

Outdoor Soundproofing
« on: March 18, 2001, 09:53:29 PM »
I have a private garden and currently have a fence that blocks it off from a highway that runs past my house.
The garden can be a total escape from the world except from the car noise that comes from passing traffic.
I am thinking of having a new frncr built and am looking for ways to soundproof or at least reduce the sound that is coming from the highway.
Any sugestions and ideas are apreciated.

Shelly Davis

Re: Outdoor Soundproofing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2001, 03:58:40 AM »
: I have a private garden and currently have a fence that blocks it off from a highway that runs past my house.
: The garden can be a total escape from the world except from the car noise that comes from passing traffic.
: I am thinking of having a new frncr built and am looking for ways to soundproof or at least reduce the sound that is coming from the highway.
: Any sugestions and ideas are apreciated.
Hi Kimberly,
I too, have the same problem in a house we have recently purchased. I would welcome any response you get.

Dody Dozier

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2001, 07:42:47 AM »
Hi there.  Here's another request for the answer.  We haven't just bought a house, in fact we've lived in this one for 30 years.  But our once quiet street is now roaring with 40-mile-per-hour traffic, or so it seems.
We're on a corner lot, and although our back yard is fenced in, the fence and some plantings aren't helping much. I was wondering if we could make a kind of fence "sandwich" with some kind of sound-absorbing material in the middle.
All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance..
               Dody

Kaaren French

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2001, 08:35:21 AM »
: Hi there.  Here's another request for the answer.  We haven't just bought a house, in fact we've lived in this one for 30 years.  But our once quiet street is now roaring with 40-mile-per-hour traffic, or so it seems.
: We're on a corner lot, and although our back yard is fenced in, the fence and some plantings aren't helping much. I was wondering if we could make a kind of fence "sandwich" with some kind of sound-absorbing material in the middle.
: All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance..
:                Dody

Kaaren French

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2001, 08:44:39 AM »
:We Just bought an older home, our first after 30 years in the Coast Guard.  Lovely big yard and out in the country, lots of wildlife and etc. and I set up birdfeeders in the anticipation of a lot of enjoyment and relaxation after work and on weekends.  Lo and behold the neighbors next door have an open window and belligerent attitude, mixed with a very loud T.V. under the window!  They refuse to move the T.V. or turn it down and say we must move if the noise bothers us.  We have built an 8 Ft. tall fence between us and them in an attempt to block the sound, unsuccessfully so far. Am heartsick at the thought of having to sell our dream home because of this~any suggestions on a sound barrier?  It is only one small window~our offer of an A.C. window unit was very rudely refused!
 Kaaren in Texas

anything