Author Topic: Need 2 box silencer for generator.  (Read 6695 times)

gary_hall

Need 2 box silencer for generator.
« on: September 11, 2005, 03:28:31 PM »
The problem I would personally have with this 3-box setup is that I have to open it to stop/start and fill with gas every 15 to 24 hours. On another thread I asked a guest (Probably won’t get a reply) to email me pictures/drawings of his 2-box method.
See http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/generator.htm

I have a B & S Home Depot purchased 6250 portable generator that needs to be “silenced” to keep neighbors from throwing their garbage over the fence. Just joking, but you get the idea; the darn thing is very loud.

I do have a 110 V. computer fan that could be used and I would like to keep the enclosure boxes small. It will be located outside (on a cement pad) only when I need to run the unit during rare power failures.

I have never used MLV or ever made a sound reducing enclosure.  Any help getting started would be appreciated and YES $$$ is always an issue. Pictures of various enclosures would be educational, so please feel free to send them to me. I have a 4 MB download and a 250 MB mailbox, send away.

Gary.chris at Comcast.net

gary_hall

Re: Need 2 box silencer for generator.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:50:35 PM »
DonB sent me several pics of his generator “shed” and I appreciate those as they gave me some ideas.

If anyone else cares to share their pictures I would like that very much.

I have another question. Is MVL fireproof?

When making a tight enclosure, the heat could produce temperatures that could ignite wood and other flammable products. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gary

[Some MLV is fire resistant  

BJ Nash
Super Soundproofing CO/i]

anything