Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: New window options?  (Read 5175 times)

Nell

New window options?
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone have experience or feedback with QuietHome Windows of Quiet Solutions, Inc of Sunnyvale, CA?  They are a relatively new sound-window company and offer replacement windows similiar to Milgard but can manufacture them for a retrofit style to fit over existing frames, therefore no need to rip out the old frames.  We open and close our windows frequently for ventilation so SoundproofWindows.com would be awkward for us.  Any feedback much appreciated.  Thanks!

Han Pan

Re: New window options?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:30:50 PM »

Quiethome windows

Never do business with this company. They have competitive pricing but the service is horrible. I am still waiting for my windows 4 months after the measurement, while what they write in the contract is 7 weeks and the industry standard is 8 weeks. Worse, they will never call to let you know there will be a delay, and there is no live person answering the phone if you call when you lose patience. I deeply regret buying windows from them. The good pricing means nothing if you don't get them!

Chris Petersen

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 06:39:48 PM »

Soundproofwindows.com makes sliding windows, but service/delivery time can be poor. Still waiting for a large sliding door after 3 months. They did install a smaller interior sliding window in my bathroom which works very well and looks nice (a bit awkward because I basically have to open two windows for ventialtion, but not a big problem). I do recommend that if you choose SPW that you DEMAN that the salesperson come out and do the measurements. I did the measurements myself and when the installer came out he said my measurements could have been a bit better and that the salesperson is supposed to do them. Jim Rego, the salesperson in southern CA, seemed not to motivated about making a trip to my home and that it was simple to do. It was anything but simple. Good luck!!

Han Pan

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 01:05:51 AM »

Buyers beware!

This is my update on my windows order from Quiet Solution. I had previously posted a message regarding my 4 month wait for the products. Nobody could believe what I found out about my job status. 4 month after site inspection, under the pressure of my demand to cancel the order, and after receiving my complaint through Better Business Bureau, the business told me they didn't even have materials to make my windows. And the materials would take another 2 weeks to arrive.

I ended up filing a lawsuit against them on Small Claims Court to get my deposit back. While I was waiting for the hearing, the business told me the windows were complete and imposed a date on me (not scheduled a date with me!) for installation. This date is almost 6 months from my site inspection date.

The  CEO never admit that the delivery was substantially late, and told me most of their customers never complain. Is anybody here ok as a customer who has a contract saying 7 weeks but actually has to wait for 6 months?

Never trust a single word from anybody associated with this business, CEO, manager, salesperson, anybody. Be smart to protect yourself and your investments.

C Wells

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 03:40:30 AM »

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DO BUSINESS with QUIET HOME WINDOWS/Quiet Solutions.

In my opinion their service is absolutely terrible. It took us seven months to get our windows completely installed after twelve visits to our home. Several times they told us they were coming and did not show up or even call.  Other times they came out with the wrong products.  They installed my patio door and one window very poorly resulting in cracks and a threshold that moved up and down two inches when stepped on. They finally ripped them out and reinstalled properly, but it took forever and the company is just a disaster. Even appeals to the CEO do nothing, he seems to have no idea of how to run a business from the customer perpective.  

My advice - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!  I totally agree with Han.