Author Topic: No real solutions here, that I see.  (Read 3834 times)

Perplexed

No real solutions here, that I see.
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:40:35 AM »
I've looked at a few of the threads here and see that many people have the exact same problem as I have with noise in a place where you can't tear out walls and floors and ceilings.

The only 'solutions' I see here seem to be construction oriented.  Most of the 'solutions' here simply point to a single link... soundproofing.org.  I don't see the solution there to the specific questions of soundproofing, where any kind of construction is not allowed.

Unfortunately, many of us are here with questions, but no solutions seem to exist for our specific sound problems in rented spaces.

And, it's not the fault of this forum that no good solutions exist for the problem.  We are just SOL and at the mercy of our neighbors who have no concern for their neighbors.

:-/

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: No real solutions here, that I see.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:11:12 PM »
The links you see ARE pointing to the solution page on the soundproofing website!  (Not just the website)
<BR> Usually these solutions are so common they are not worth discussing Ad Nauseum over and over giving the same solution written our here.
<BR>
Oly when the subject has ramifications or complications is worthy of full discussion by the soundproofing experts who monitor this site.  Otherwise follow the pointers to the webpage with the solutions on it.  After that, any particular questions are very welcome!

BJ Nash
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

Eli Guess

Re: No real solutions here, that I see.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:13:17 PM »
I agree with you that there doesn't appear to be any solutions for units where construction work isn't allowed.

Also, I have a problem in ordering items that have to be installed by local contractors.  Most of the contractors I spoke to  stated that they wouldn't be involved unless they did all the up front measuring and doing there own research on the the product line.  All this increases the cost of any work and the local guys (who are all professional installers) wouldn't gave any warranty on the product.  Companies that sell sound proofing items should have there own team of installers.  This reduces finger pointing when things go wrong, installation would be higher quality, plus build trust between the customers and the company.

Also, there has to be more than one company who is in the sound proofing business.  I would think that the sound proofing ventors would create an assocation with list of all vendors in all parts of the country. The shipping charges on these products are a big part of the total costs.  Why be forced to pay shipping cost from one coast to other.

This is a major problem with sound proofing in old units and some not so old which means that this is a major opportunity for the sound proofing industry. 8)

There ARE solutions to these problems- we've worked them out.  Just call us at 1-888-942-7723 to discuss these issues!

(They don't call us the "Leader" for nothing!)

BJ Nash  Super Soundproofing CO