Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Project: Need suggestions/idea  (Read 3061 times)

induray

Project: Need suggestions/idea
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:28:41 AM »

Ok, here's the plan. PLace a 34" x 60"   1/4 inch thick laminated glass to the window sill inside my son's room. Here are the requirements: Must be able to seal noise but in case of fire must be able to be remove quick. So far my idea is as follows. Attach aluminum "L",  angles, 1/2" by 1/2 ". to the window sill. That will hold the glass in place. Use double back foam tape to seal btwn glass and "L" angles. I will frame the glass will aluminum "U" channel and silicon caulk. Measurements are critical because too much force might crack the glass. Now my question is,What kind of hardware can I use to hold the glass against the tape with slight pressure to mantain a seal. Will not crack the glass, but can be easily removed in case of fire??? Handles would be great to pull the glass out....Any takers?? I would really appreciate your help/ideas.

supersoundproofing

Re: Project: Need suggestions/idea
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 06:02:06 PM »

The info you seek is at:

http://www.soundproofing.org/options_sound_control_for_windows.htm

BJ Nash Super Soundproofing Co

induray

Re: Project: Need suggestions/idea
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »

BJ Nash
So it is safe to install a .250 thick laminated glass (40 to 50 lbs) with Magnet seal?. What s Magnet seal rated at? lbs. per linear foot? It is my 4 year old son's bedroom and I  don't want to pry him fm under the glass! ;D

Also, I was concern that the lower edge of the glass would bear the 40- 50 lbs of the glass thus potentially cracking. In light of that, I was going to install a u-chanel frame (aluminum) around the glass with silicon caulking injected btwn frame and glass. Would that still work with magnet seal?