Author Topic: Flooring and soundproofing  (Read 5364 times)

Pete Mast

Flooring and soundproofing
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:18:07 PM »
Hello,
I have a bit of a dilemma, I am renting an apartment. And I have noticed that u can basically HEAR a pin drop from my apartment to the apartment below me. I already have a preexisting wood floor. I went out and purchased a new "Floating" laminate Floor...however I did NOT purchase the underlay material ..for fear that the sound proofing would not be adequate.
So my question is: does anyone know the product name of a GOOD CHEAP Underlay material to drop down over the existing wood floor, before I lay down the new one , that WILL provide GOOD soundproofing.
I tried to google for some info..but there is such a wealth of info out there..and me NOT being the BOB VILLA type..it ALL sounded GREEK to me...lol :~)
If anyone can point me in the right direction .by giving me the name of a GOOD CHEAP Underlay (vinyl..rubber..foam..etc)...that , as i said, i can just throw down before I lay my new floor over it, Id GREATLY Appreciate it!!
Sincerely,
Pete

Hick

Re: Flooring and soundproofing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 05:08:48 AM »

toby

Re: Flooring and soundproofing
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:23:09 AM »
Pete... as above. Or, something that worked for me - try a product called Angel Step - it's a carpet underlay and an affordable one.

cf. http://www.acoustica.com.au  :)