Author Topic: Desperate dog owner needs solution  (Read 30459 times)

Sarah Houtos

Desperate dog owner needs solution
« on: October 07, 2005, 04:04:22 AM »
Long story short, my dog is a barking maniac when I'm at work all day. The neighbors hate him, he goes on for hours and they are threatening to get me evicted.

I won't get rid of the dog so that option is out, but I was thinking there has to be some way to keep them from hearing his barking.

I already have a cover for his crate, and I was wondering if there is a flexible, lighweight material that I could put into the panals of the crate cover that would help block the barking sound?

Like I said, I'm desprete so even if this is a silly question I hope you'll humor me. One behaviorist, and several dog trainers later the little begger still barks. Any help or seggestions would be appreciated.

homerj

Re: Desprete dog owner needs solution
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 08:51:10 PM »
unless you put your dog in an airtight box that's been soundproofed there's nothing you can do that way.

your dog has some "issues" of abandonment, that's why the barking. I would suggest trying one of those collars that spray a little jet of water when the dog barks. that might work. otherwise, move.

umesturself

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 03:27:22 AM »
your dog just bark's when your away, when you got him in the cage leave a tv on or a radio on so he hears voices. that might stop him from barking so much

Babargreen

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »
Sounds like your dog is bored, and has abandonment issues, although I can't really blame him/her! Some dogs are bred to bark more as owners/hunters would lose quieter dogs in fox holes, under shrubbery, etc. on a hunt if they did not bark. Some breeds therefore are much barkier than others. Why not get him a partner? Dogs are pack animals and leaving one alone all day is to me, cruel. I have two and they play and occupy each other all day when I'm at work. My neighbors have no barking complaints. One IS barkier than the other, but she's a hunting hound. Try to get a breed that is known not be be "barky" and try it out. My two (150 pounds between them) used to stay in a very large kennel when I was at work, for the first year I had them. Now I can trust them home alone in the house. I got my "big guy" a pretty little girl to play with and they've bonded so well. He/she needs a ""pack member" as pack leader is gone all day.  :) XM

supersoundproofing

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »

skip

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »
We have neighbors with a dog that has issues similar to yours. They purchased a divise that is on a collar and goes around the dogs neck. It gives off a small charge when the dog barks. The dog learned to stop  barking within 3 weeks. Rarley does the dog ever need to wear the collar anymore.

All of the neighbors are quite happy.

joel

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
If you really want a flexible, light weight material to help soundproof the crate, use Super Soundproofing Mat - a closed cell vinyl nitrile foam.  This material absorbs AND blocks sound in a contained space.  For info see the first product shown at  http://www.soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html

supersoundproofing

• Administrator
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Desperate dog owner needs solution
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 03:58:05 AM »
You can Try http://www.laughing-dog.org
some report great results!
Super Soundproofing Co
www.soundproofing.org

anything