Author Topic: Sound Proofing Common Walls In Townhouse  (Read 4670 times)


  • Guest
Sound Proofing Common Walls In Townhouse
« on: March 07, 2006, 05:15:41 PM »

I have just purchased a new Towhhouse in which I share a wall with a noisy tenant(renter).  

Their Bass on their Computer/Home Theater comes right through the walls/floors. I have repeatedly asked them to tone it down, but it doesnt seem to be working.  

I have read a lot about the MLV material and it seems to be the best solution.  

My only question is, how do I know if I need to cover the floor or wall? Also, how much of this material do I need use? Should I cover the entire surface completely?

Also, where can I purchase MLV?

Any assistance that you could give would be greatly appreciated.




  • Administrator
  • ****
  • Posts: 262
  • I love Super Soundproofing!
    • Super Soundproofing Co
Re: Sound Proofing Common Walls In Townhouse
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:46:01 AM »
You will need to completely cover the whole area without gaps to avoid "sound leaks".  See
for more info.

BJ Nash
Super Soundproofing Co