Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Do soundproofwindows.com windows really work?  (Read 5714 times)

caugas

Do soundproofwindows.com windows really work?
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:25:21 PM »

I recently bought a condo and the street noise is driving me nuts. I thought I could get use to it, but this has not been the case.

I have been researching my options, and soundproofwindows.com seems to have a ton of information and says that can reduce the noise by 95 % according to thier STC ratings and my pre-existing double-pain windows.  Can you please let me know what you think of your sound proof windows?
thx, caugas

skip

Re: Do soundproofwindows.com windows really work?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

Caugas:

Soundprof Windows is an independent company located in Northern California. When your windows are properly measured, manufactured and installed; excellent results have been seen by customers.

johnbergstromslc

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 07:41:12 PM »

Just make sure they don't 'replace' your windows.  Keep you existing double-glazed windows and have them (or any qualified window installer) add an additional set of windows, in the same opening, and make sure they are sealed up well.  It's the second set of windows, with a larger airspace (3-4") that is most effective in killing the noise.

joel

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:11:12 PM »

Yes - soundproofwindows.com windows really do work when added to the inside of existing - provided that you have a deep enough window sill.  You normally will need at least a 3" airgap to be successful.  Our experience has been that there is around 80% sound reduction.

Joel