Author Topic: I need some help!  (Read 3392 times)

jake868

I need some help!
« on: July 02, 2006, 04:43:34 AM »
I live in an apartment and I'm on the third floor. I create a lot of noise because I play guitar and blast my stereo, so I'm the annoying person. I want to soundproof my floor, but I need something that I can be able to roll around on with my computer chair. I could get a flat chair mat so I could roll on the soundproofing surface. My room really is not that large, but it does have a short hallway with the closet and bathroom, and is there a company that can cut it to fit it specifically? I have also had an issue with previous roommates where the sound in the living room (even just talking) felt as loud as them being right next to me. I have seen ways of putting soundproofing on a door, but any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

johnbergstromslc

Re: I need some help!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 10:57:22 PM »
Nothing you're thinking of doing will help. ¬†You need mass and decoupling to deal with that level of noise.  Try being happy with headphones.

jake868

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 02:28:13 AM »
Well the room isnt big at all.. I cant imagine that their isnt some kind of foam that can be laid down that will stop the noise. The area that I'm talking about is approx 5ft x 9ft for one piece then another would be 5ft x 5ft then the hallway piece would need to be 9ft x 3.5ft. So 3 pieces of foam that are thick enough to stop the noise would cut it for me, is there not one company who could cut something like that?

johnbergstromslc

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »
Whatever.  Sounds like you've got it all figured out.  Go ahead and give it a try.