Author Topic: Question involving condo a/c  (Read 2533 times)

Vman94

Question involving condo a/c
« on: July 21, 2006, 04:30:32 AM »
just wondering if anyone has done any soundproofing of a condo a/c its not a window unit but it seems to be keeping me up at night with a buzzing sound.  since its built in is there anything i can do without basically having to go into the walls its driving me nuts :(

johnbergstromslc

Re: Question involving condo a/c
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:51:27 AM »
Definitely harder if it's rigidly mounted to the structure.  You've got to try and mount it resiliently and stop the vibration transferring into the frame of the building.

Even then, it may still be loud...

Do what you can.

debmi

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »
Definitely harder if it's rigidly mounted to the structure.  You've got to try and mount it resiliently and stop the vibration transferring into the frame of the building.

Even then, it may still be loud...

Do what you can.

The poster is talking about the BUZZING noise not the vibration. I have both from the Central air unit of my neighbor's adjacent to my bedroom window that runs non stop so I know exactly where he/she is comming from. Do what you can doesnt really help.
l

johnbergstromslc

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 07:32:09 PM »
Well, without seeing the installation, you can't really tell if most of the noise is the compressor (airborne) or vibration being transferred into the structure.  I can't really give a specific answer without looking like a fool or wasting his time looking for a problem that may or may not exist.  Since he is looking for free advice, he needs to find the source of the noise himself.

anything