Author Topic: Bird Noises  (Read 6723 times)

ljd

Bird Noises
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:24:47 PM »
I live in an apartment and have a cockatiel who can be quite noisy at times. The building is quite soundproof, I rarely hear any neighbors (unless they have music incredibly loud or are running down the hall). In order to keep the noise down while I'm away at classes-- since I don't know how loud the cockatiel is while I'm not here-- I was wondering if there was any way of making a transparent box with air circulation that I could put the entire cage in. The box doesn't need to be absolutely sound proof, just muffle the noise enough so the cockatiel doesn't bother my neighbors. It does need to be transparent in order to also allow him light during the day.

If some could give me any suggestions as to what I should build the box out of (a material such as glass or plexiglass I would imagine) as well as a good design to affix a door with some type of seal onto the box. I already have an idea for air circulation in order to keep the noise down, but I would also gladly accept any information about that as well. (Also keep in mind that I cannot use any materials that emit fumes that are harmful to birds.)

Thank you.

johnbergstromslc

Re: Bird Noises
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »
Before you go to so much trouble, ask your neighbors how loud the bird is....  Maybe it's not a problem at all.

skip

Re: Bird Noises
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »
You may want to try and contact the following:

The Bird Cage Company
POB 311
San Luis Rey, Ca. 920068

760 433-3357

THey have a clear enclosed cage.

anything