Author Topic: piano caster cups  (Read 6436 times)


  • Guest
piano caster cups
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:53:43 AM »
Hello. I have a baby grand piano on the hardwood floor in my living room (Steinway model M), and was wondering what I could put under its feet, to deaden the sound.  You mention that weight, not size, of the instrument is the determining factor.  On your website you mention "small vibrating pads". Are they the same as caster cups? Which ones do I choose? Please advise! Thanks.


  • Guest
Re: piano caster cups
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:16:03 PM »
Hi anachka,

Caster cups are different from "small vibration pads".  You will want to use caster cups on top of vibration pads-the caster cups will spread out the point load of the weight.  For vibration pads see The ribbed neoprene with cork center pads will support 50 lbs per square inch!  Most grand piano owners use the 4"x4"x7/8"thick ones.