Author Topic: Soundproofing Bedroom  (Read 3283 times)

Jackie

Soundproofing Bedroom
« on: April 12, 2001, 05:40:30 PM »
I am a second floor tenant whose bedroom is located over my neighbor's living room.  My neighbor is a night owl.  I am not.  She entertains male guests until 3 AM nearly every night.  As well, they are all smokers and I hear them going in and out all night to have their smokes on the porch.  
How can I sound proof the floor and wall?  Since I am a tenant, I can't make permanent changes to the room or it's structure.  Also, I am disabled and my Social Security income doesn't allow for much in the way of funds.  Approaching the landlord is useless.  This is my problem. You understand?  And since I am ill, I do need to sleep at night.  Moving isn't an option (funds again).  Feeling stuck in my delema.
How can I stop the noises of voices and the door?
Thank you for any help or advice.

bjnash

Re: Soundproofing Bedroom
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2001, 04:02:09 AM »
: I am a second floor tenant whose bedroom is located over my neighbor's living room.  My neighbor is a night owl.  I am not.  She entertains male guests until 3 AM nearly every night.  As well, they are all smokers and I hear them going in and out all night to have their smokes on the porch.  
: How can I sound proof the floor and wall?  Since I am a tenant, I can't make permanent changes to the room or it's structure.  Also, I am disabled and my Social Security income doesn't allow for much in the way of funds.  Approaching the landlord is useless.  This is my problem. You understand?  And since I am ill, I do need to sleep at night.  Moving isn't an option (funds again).  Feeling stuck in my delema.
: How can I stop the noises of voices and the door?
: Thank you for any help or advice.
Masking sounds could be an answer, there are masking generators, but sound from a FM radio tuned between stations can work.  Earplugs may have some benefit and we've sold numerous pairs of headsets to people, you know, the ones like jet mechanics use at the airport..